Scene Changer

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Free, when I dance with you.


Just now, I was practicing an assortment of piano accented Who songs. Shortly after I had played the three opening chords to "Love Reign O'er Me", I heard a booming, house-rattling crash of thunder, and sheets of rain started pouring from the sky. From this event, I have concluded the following:

I am the rain maker.

Yes, it's true. So those who know me should feel honoured. I am one of Mother Nature's most hailed accomplices.

... So of course I had to run outside (fully clothed, mind you) and run around and do cartwheels in my creation. It was loads of fun. I documented what I could on film, and I shall make good use of it in my summer documentary. At this rate, the final cut should run for about 5 days straight, with some creative editing, haha.

Then I came back inside, only to find that my cat had shit on my favourite Who-zine. It was an old one; from about 2 years ago. The little bastard. Sadly, it could not be salvaged. He couldn't have shit on the old Adrien Brody mag that for some reason was still under my bed. No, no. He had to go for the good stuff.

Anyway, that's all. Just wanted to tell you all that the simple pleasures of life are often the best.
-L-

3 Comments:

  • Hi Lynsey,
    Love Reign O'er Me is one of my favorite Who songs. Roger's voice is so amazing in that song.

    I'm so sorry that your cat did that to your magazine. I know exactly how you feel. A while back, one of my cats pees on a couple of my magazines. One was a Metal Edge magazine with Audioslave on the cover, and the other was a Guitar World Acoustic magazine with George Harrison on the cover. On top of that, it was a tribute to George after he had died.
    I was able to replace Metal Edge because they have order forms for back issues, but the Guitar World will be hard to replace. I still have the magazine, which I tried to clean, but it's all crinkly and smelly.
    Hopefully both of us can find replacement magazines.

    By Blogger Metalchick, At 5:53 PM, June 14, 2006  

  • Hi Lynsey, Love Reign O'er Me is one of my favourite Who songs aswell. That's pretty cool - you are playing it on the piano and the rain starting up like that?!! mmmm. Sorry about the cat going on the Who-zine. Guess it wanted you to notice - so picked the one you most look at!! x Grace

    By Blogger grace, At 12:58 PM, June 15, 2006  

  • I concur with the others about Love Reign O'er Me...much have been a wonderful moment!

    Your story reminded me of the story from Roger about Woodstock when he sang "see me, feel me", and the sun came up!

    By Blogger Unknown, At 6:38 PM, June 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home